Frequently Asked Questions
About Online Courses
- Generally speaking, how do online classes work?
- How much time do online courses require?
- How do I find online course listings so I can sign up?
- When can I start a web-based course?
- Can I withdraw from a web-based course?
- Do I have to be admitted to WKU to take Web-based courses?
- Is it possible to complete a degree completely online?
Paying For Your Courses
- Will financial aid cover the cost of courses?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- How much does it cost ?
- What are the different types of tuition payment options available?
- Do I need advisement?
- Yes, you should check with your academic advisor about the course you wish to enroll in.
- Why do I need advisement?
- How do I get advised?
- What course should I take?
- What do I have to do if I have an ATP hold or an advising hold?
Using University Resources
- Do distance learners have access to university resources/services?
- Where do I get my textbooks?
- Where can I take my examinations?
- How do I use the Library?
Technology Related Questions
- Where can I find my username and password for my Blackboard and e-mail (Webmail) accounts?
- How do I get my WKU ID number and PIN to use with TopNet? (TopNet contains student information, course registration, transcripts, financial aid notification, etc.)
- Why do I need a WKU e-mail account?
- What type of computer do I need to take online classes?
- What type of software do I need to take online classes?